2006 Wishing Tree Unoaked Chardonnay



Right off the bat, I have to tell you. I am not a fan of chardonnay. Too often have I been knocked over the head with oak. Too often have I been only been able to taste smoke and wood. I mean come on, wine is made from grapes. You are supposed to smell and taste some fruit in a chardonnay, but no, all we usually get is oak. Sure, the more expensive chardonnays have the expertise and means to balance the fruit and oak but why can't someone make a great bottle of Chard' for under 15 dollars. I guess this is the reason why I was drawn to unoaked chardonnay.

What a nice change of pace to a bottle of chardonnay. This had a very fruit forward nose. It was enticing you to take a sip. And once you do, you get hit with a ripe fresh pear, and a little bit of grapefruit. It is just one of those whites that you can sip on while you cook or pair it with a lightly seasoned chicken dish. If I will ever learn to like chardonnay again, this might be the type of chardonnay that will get me to come back to dark side.

This wine was paired with the Chardonnay and Herb Chicken.

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?

Subscribe Now

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP