Another Relaxing Thursday Wine Night


Ah, Thursdays. Friday Eve. Guess what, the weekend is pretty much here. Again, it's just my dog and I. He's actually been passed out since dinner. Leftovers.... mmmm...mmm. Boiled some barilla plus spaghetti, heated up some barilla tomato and basil sauce and voila. Healthy and easy dinner. My schedule has been so irregular this week that I figured I would wrap the week up with something straight-forward and easy.


Of course Thursdays are great for another thing. Catching up on old movies but something made me really think. I caught "The Matrix" on tv, not on HBO but on AMC. AMC!!!! And then it hit me, it's almost been 10 years since it came out. I remember watching 'old' movies on TBS on summer afternoons. It's probably the reason that I LOVE 80s movies. Ferris Bueller, Porky's, Wargames, Big, Die Hard, they all belong on AMC. Not The Matrix. But I've digressed.


The wine of the day was an old favorite. Quinta de Carmo Dom Martinho 2005. Full-bodied, rich with good concentration. A balanced wine, ready for drinking. Almost leathery and earthy too. It's a blend of Tempranillo, Alicante, Periquita, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah. If you are trying to get to 100 for the Century club, this will help you along. For the average wine person, it's definitely a food wine. I can drink most reds by themselves so it's perfect for these Thursday nights. If you want to try some food with it, try a nice meaty pasta or a bbq turkey burger.

I'm going to go back to my "classic" movie. Just to clear it up, I think The Matrix is an amazing movie that revolutionized special effects, but come on... Has it really been 10 years?

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?

Subscribe Now

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP