2006 Tilia - Malbec Syrah



What an interesting combination for a wine. In the past, I've had Malbec blended with Cabernet or Syrah blended with any other red besides Malbec. I was excited by the idea of this new combination. I love Malbecs and Syrah, when done well, can be amazing. This wine is from Mendoza, Argentina. It is reasonably priced and can go with any red meat, whether it is a steak or a burger. I had it by itself, but then again, there aren't too many reds that I have to drink with food.

I can only describe this wine as a great, even blend of Malbec and Syrah. You get that fresh blackberry and raspberry with the fresh seasoning of some cracked black pepper. Smooth and not too tannic so it will not dry your mouth with every sip. If you have never had a Malbec, you should dive in to this bottle because the Syrah will wean you nicely and teach your palate about the interesting grape known as Malbec. It's about the time that Malbecs gain some popularity.

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?

Subscribe Now

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP